April 2018 Photo Diary. Spring Blossom, Unicorn Lattes and Flower Walls

As we are nearing the end of April I thought I would do a little montage of my highlights and squeeze in one more blog post before the month ended by sharing some pretty snaps from my Instagram that I've taken during April, I hope you enjoy! 

At the beginning of the month I took a visit to Saint Aymes; London's newest picturesque cafe, a true whimsical wonderland which was an embodiment of everything I love! With the interior decor taking inspiration from vintage glamour, art, iconic beauty and Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel. Pretty pink and white flowers decorated the walls, ornate vintage furniture, pictures of old Hollywood icons and decadent treats that made you feel like Marie Antoinette. Unfortunately the weather was rubbish the day we went and April showers were in full swing! It was gloomy, dull and overcast which is a photographers nightmare but I tried my best to capture the beauty!
I chose the 23ct gold pink Unicorn Latte, it's available in other pastel shades but of course I wanted a pink one! It really did taste as magical as it sounds too with a sweet caramel taste, whipped cream, marshmallows and real gold leaf sprinkled on top, we also shared raspberry macarons, Marie Antionette artisan chocolate - pink pyramids of white chocolate with a cookies and cream filling, I even treated myself to a bar of it to take home! I also had a slice of their cake of the day which was Red Velvet and tasted heavenly! I spotted unicorn cookies on Instagram as well which look so cute but was disappointed to find out that they weren't available the day we went, on the plus side though it just gives me and excuse to visit another time! 
Keeping with tradition we did a little London exploring and went to Wild Things Flowers which have the most beautiful floral displays, I also thought the roses looked somewhat romantic with the raindrops scattered over them whilst they floated on water and for a moment it felt like I had wandered down a street in Paris. Talking of streets and you know my obsession with pretty houses, how cute is this row of pastel houses, the baby pink and blue are my favourite!
I had to pick up the May bridal issue of Bazaar, just look how perfectly Spring the cover is with the baby pink and sky blue combination, it has some beautiful articles and couture reports too, a princessy fairytale dream and of course I took a few pretty photos of it! I also picked up a bunch of fresh ombre pink and white roses from the market which were just gorgeous, I adore having fresh flowers in my home and the pro's of blogging means you can treat yourself to pretty bouquets for blog posts. Pictured are also a few more recent treats like my adorable Marie mug from Primark which I have featured in this blog post, Marie Antoinette chocolate from Saint Aymes and the strawberries and cream Lindor chocolates which are some of my favourite were at a reduced price so for obvious reasons I couldn't resist.

Spring has been a late bloomer this year but to my delight milky pink and white fluffy clouds of blossom are starting to appear with the help of the few days of heatwave we've had i'm sure and it makes my heart sing to see one of my favourite flowers peek outside their buds! Before we know it the streets will be covered in their confetti and green leaves will replace them but I think that's what makes them so special as they are a symbol of life, love, new growth and death because even with their fleeting beauty we never forget the delicate blossoms.

Do you want to visit Saint Aymes cafe? Are you as happy as I am to see cherry blossom in bloom? I'd love to know!
xoxo

6 comments

  1. All of these pictures are absolutely beautiful Freya! I always look forward to your posts!💕⭐️
    Southernbf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh thank you so much girly, that’s so lovely of you to say 💗 really made me smile! ☺️ 🌸 ✨

      Delete
  2. Loved this post Freya! The pictures you have taken are stunning ☁️🙊🌸I also adore that Marie mug, I definitely think I need to take a trip to Primark soon and pick it up 🎀🐱xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much angel cake 🍰 🌸 💕 isn’t it just the cutest mug, you definitely need it! 🎀 xxxx

      Delete
  3. Ahhh these pictures are all so gorgeous and pink! :) Great post - it looks like you had a really awesome month!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, I’m so happy you love my photos 🎀 I will be sure to check out your blog! 💗 ✨

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig