Diptyque Rose Delight 2018 Valentine Edition


With Valentines approaching I thought I would share the new limited edition 'Rose Delight' Diptyque candle with you as it perfectly celebrates the romantic occasion with the inspiration of a lovers garden filled with the scent of Turkish Delight! I also wanted to post about it whilst there was still stock to avoid disappointment because I know the candles in this range are popular! When I saw this beautiful new collection I swooned because have you seen a candle that is more me, I love sweet rose scents and the pastel pink packaging is just dreamy.


A new candle is always such a lovely treat and Diptyque are especially luxurious, this is the perfect pick me up and also makes a girly addition to my home decor too, currently sitting pretty on my dressing table. I definitely won't be able to bring myself to burn it just yet even though the fragrance is heavenly but when I do decide to finally burn it, it's a jar I will most certainly keep forever (makeup brush holder potential).

The packaging is inspired by middle eastern french toiles de jouy, an iconic style of french prints that created quite a stir amongst the 18th century Versailles elite and it lined the walls of the avante - garde aristocrats salons! The Parisian inspired print, soft blush pink feminine packaging is what attracted me to this candle and when I first set my eyes on the design it instantly made me think of Marie Antoinette, decorated with scenes she loves but with an oriental twist!


The perfume of the candle resembles Turkish Delight and couples would offer these sweets to each other wrapped up in little handkerchiefs as a symbol of their love! I really do recognise the Turkish Delight when I smell it with the candied rose, honey and lemon. It has a distinctive rose scent which I love but not too floral, it has more of a petal powdery freshness with a sweetness because of the honey and the lemon gives it a slight zesty-ness, It truly is a delightful soft, confectionery, sweet and romantic fragrance. I know rose isn't to everyone's liking but this is much sweeter and there are so many different variations of rose! It's also the little details I appreciate like the wick being pastel pink too!

This would make a make cute Valentines present as well for a loved one so maybe drop some hints to your partner, treat yourself, a friend or a family member! I chose this candle and my fiance kindly bought it for me! I knew I wouldn't be able to resist it's feminine charm. It retails between £28-£50 depending on what size you choose and you can find it in store or online at Diptyque or Space NK.


Have you bought  'Rose Delight' or have you smelt it? 



*this blog post is in no way affiliated with Dyptique and all opinions are my own

7 comments

  1. It's such a gorgeous candle, I bet it smells incredible! xxx

    Gemma Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma ☺️ it smells so dreamy, I wish it wasn’t limited edition because I’m kinda obsessed with it! 🌸 xxx

      Delete
  2. The packaging and description of the candle sounds heavenly! I love how you went into the history behind the candles design and scent too 💕☁️🍥💘🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you angel 💗 you would love this candle, it’s very Marie Antionette! 🌸 🕊

      Delete
  3. This candle looks so pretty and you've captured it beautifully! I was so tempted by it but I'm not a fan of Turkish delight so I'm not sure haha xo

    Love Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much princess 😘 I honestly think you would love this candle as much as u do! Do you not like Turkish Delight for the taste or smell? 🌹 🌸 🌹 It’s a classic rose fragrance with a powdery sweetness, It’s really beautiful! 😍 xo

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig